TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

tinting in N. Arlington, Va

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MGMDaware, Jul 25, 2016.

1. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

A buddy and coworker of mine just got his tesla tinted with ceramic tinting (all windows within legal limits of DC). Charged him $500. This was done at FX Tint in Fairfax. He was happy with the results. Yelp reviews are great (5 stars x 200 reviews). Any one else familiar with this place and/or comment on the price. THanks!

-MG

2. apcoleman

apcoleman Member

They have tinted a few vehicles for me and are scheduled to tint my model S after I take delivery this week. They run a good shop and do great installs

• Informative x 1
  3. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

appreciate the info. I'm pretty sure I will be picking up this week. Will probably make an appt for the following week. Most likely tint all around and wheels dipped!

4. apcoleman

apcoleman Member

Here is my car after the tint was applied by TintFX this morning. 35 all the way around.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  5. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Did you do the pano (can't tell if you have one) and anything on the windshield?

6. apcoleman

apcoleman Member

left the pano as is and nothing on the windshield.

• Informative x 1
  7. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

I keep waffling over tint on my car, but one surface I would absolutely coat (for heat rejection not darkening) is the windshield; traffic laws notwithstanding.

I don't particularly like the way tinted windows look, but a black on black car gets mighty hot in the work parking lot.

I dunno. Probably will continue to be indecisive about this until a time in which my car has become old and decrepit

8. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Do you mind if I ask
    Do it!

• Like x 1
  9. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

I did a thermal camera before and after 2 years ago with spectra 75% on the windshield. No one can tell its tinted. Spectra tint dropped th cabin temps from ~140 to ~115 in direct sun. That made a huge reduction with the hvac fan blast off mode during summer. Most tint is terrible for heat rejection. Most tint is for looks. I choose spectra because the hue matches tesla glass. Crystalline makes tesla glass appear purple.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1