Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tinting in N. Arlington, Va

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy and coworker of mine just got his tesla tinted with ceramic tinting (all windows within legal limits of DC). Charged him $500. This was done at FX Tint in Fairfax. He was happy with the results. Yelp reviews are great (5 stars x 200 reviews). Any one else familiar with this place and/or comment on the price. THanks!

-MG

Here is my car after the tint was applied by TintFX this morning. 35 all the way around.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 298
I keep waffling over tint on my car, but one surface I would absolutely coat (for heat rejection not darkening) is the windshield; traffic laws notwithstanding.

I don't particularly like the way tinted windows look, but a black on black car gets mighty hot in the work parking lot.

I dunno. Probably will continue to be indecisive about this until a time in which my car has become old and decrepit

left the pano as is and nothing on the windshield.
Do you mind if I ask
I keep waffling over tint on my car, but one surface I would absolutely coat (for heat rejection not darkening) is the windshield; traffic laws notwithstanding.

I don't particularly like the way tinted windows look, but a black on black car gets mighty hot in the work parking lot.

I dunno. Probably will continue to be indecisive about this until a time in which my car has become old and decrepit
Do it!

Reactions: kevinf311
I did a thermal camera before and after 2 years ago with spectra 75% on the windshield. No one can tell its tinted. Spectra tint dropped th cabin temps from ~140 to ~115 in direct sun. That made a huge reduction with the hvac fan blast off mode during summer. Most tint is terrible for heat rejection. Most tint is for looks. I choose spectra because the hue matches tesla glass. Crystalline makes tesla glass appear purple.