Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting in Socal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any good tint shops that do a decent job without charging a arm or leg?

Also the rear window, do you split in 2 or is the 1 piece superior?

Sunshield Glass Tinting in Sherman Oaks. They did all of my windows in Xpel Prime XR Plus and I am extremely happy with the results. They do a huge number of Model 3's and are very familiar with how to install window tints in these cars.

And I would definitely do one piece in the rear window. They really know how to do the one piece installation well. The installer lowered the rear seats, put a blanket down on the folded down seats, and then installed the tint lying on his back. Reminded me of a NASA astronaut in a space capsule or Michaelangelo working on the celiling of the sistine chapel.

Their prices were reasonable. If the Prime XR Plus is out of your budget, the carry other tints that are lower in cost and they work with you to find an option that fits your budget. Like any other profession, you don't want to go for the cheapest option and then expect the highest quality work.

D409DC39-1E49-457C-BEAD-7D5A0185B082.jpeg
50628210-0B2B-4503-A396-B992AC68CD3D.jpeg
A5E8D6D2-3F66-4C43-8C9D-C139EB84C617.jpeg
Just had mine done at Autoskinz in Valencia. $806 for the four door windows and rear at 25% and the windshield at 70%. 3m IR Ceramic.