Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting - Nano ceramic or Stratos?

Ts007

Aug 31, 2017
Boston
Hello all,

For those who have tinted or will tint, what material have you guys gone with and which windows?

People are telling me Stratos is about a 10% difference in heat reduction so I’m not sure if it’s worth it or stick with nano ceramic?

I’m awaiting delivery on a black MY, and will tint my front two windows and windshield from a reputable installer experienced with Tesla’s.

Since the back windows are tinted, are any of you applying an additional layer of carbon tint or leaving as is?

I’m debating on whether it’s worth it to apply another layer for the rears for additional heat reduction?

As of right now, my decision is to tint the front windshield and front two windows in nano ceramic.

Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC