Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting Rear Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7691.JPG
IMG_7697.JPG

Hello fellas!
This is Kim from LEXEN TINT SHOP in Maryland Catonsville.
We do window tinting here and we have done many Tesla vehicles.
We are FORMULA ONE / LLumar Select Pro Authorized Dealer.
We have the most expensive Ceramic film in the market today, that is FormulaOne STRATOS!
And also carry PINNACLE PLUS and Classic. LLumar CTX and AIR80 as well.
If you need best quality window film and best quality of work please leave it up to us. we will take care of your all tinting needs.
if you have any question regarding window tinting. feel free to pm me or post here on Tesla forum.

LEXEN TINT SHOP
443-315-5047

We just had our model 3 tinted (4 windows and the rear window (all in one piece) all 20% and while still at the shop a couple of days after tinting they noticed a fairly significant crack in the lower right of the back window. Who knows if it caused it. Or if it would have happened anyway. The shop tints many Tesla’s and has had no issues so far.

In this case they are going to try and work with Tesla to get it fixed or they will take care of it. Either way it’s getting fixed without cost to us but it’s still a sucky thing to happen.

I just got mine tinted yesterday. So we'll see.

But IIRC, there was speculation that the cracking was fixed in July 2018, when Tesla changed the way the glass was made. That's the same time the orange hue when it rains went away. So if your car gets the orange hue when it rains, it could crack due to tinting. If it does not, then you're probably OK.

Again, I don't think this was confirmed, but was speculation. My car does not get the orange hue when it rains, and is a July 2018 build. I'll see how the glass holds up after tinting.

is there any way to know the date of build from the VIN or some other way? I haven't seen it in my paperwork or in my account on Tesla website anywhere.

I got mine 35% tinted sides and top and back. Looks nice being all the same color. Haven't noticed any cracking yet but not sure exactly when mine was built but took delivery Oct 16th. Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor metallic silver

is there any way to know the date of build from the VIN or some other way? I haven't seen it in my paperwork or in my account on Tesla website anywhere.

I got mine 35% tinted sides and top and back. Looks nice being all the same color. Haven't noticed any cracking yet but not sure exactly when mine was built but took delivery Oct 16th. Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor metallic silver

View attachment 346384 View attachment 346386

Hello fellas!
This is Kim from LEXEN TINT SHOP in Maryland Catonsville.
We do window tinting here and we have done many Tesla vehicles.
We are FORMULA ONE / LLumar Select Pro Authorized Dealer.
We have the most expensive Ceramic film in the market today, that is FormulaOne STRATOS!
And also carry PINNACLE PLUS and Classic. LLumar CTX and AIR80 as well.
If you need best quality window film and best quality of work please leave it up to us. we will take care of your all tinting needs.
if you have any question regarding window tinting. feel free to pm me or post here on Tesla forum.

LEXEN TINT SHOP
443-315-5047

Is Formula One better then SunTek? I told my shop I wanted the best and that is what they used. I believe it was ceramic? It seems to have some light abrasive scuffing where the door seals against the window, not sure if this is normal or not?

I'm going to have mine tint next week and thinking to do the same as you. 35% sides and 50% rear. Does it looks weird the sides and the rear are not matched? Does the tinted area of the roof looks too dark? Thanks.

i have two of my cars (not tesla) tinted on the side at the moment cause my back tint was defective and i had to rip it off. i can tell you that it does not look weird because you can't see the back window by looking at the side and no one has ever ask anything. by if it just my personal opinion i want my back tint too, just never got the chance to go redo it, and it has been 2 years now lol.