Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting sides only - 15 front, 55 rear to match?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read through a few threads and just trying to confirm, but has anyone gone with 15% for front side windows and then 55% for the rear? Not sure if the right math is 25% factory VLT * 55% new tint = 13.75% which is close to the 15% up front and should look even. Do I need to tint the small rear triangle side windows or those will look dark enough as-is?

White interior or I normally would have gone 20%. Will skip doing the rear hatch.

Last edited:
Read through a few threads and just trying to confirm, but has anyone gone with 15% for front side windows and then 55% for the rear? Not sure if the right math is 25% factory VLT * 55% new tint = 13.75% which is close to the 15% up front and should look even. Do I need to tint the tint side windows or those will look dark enough as-is?

White interior or I normally would have gone 20%. Will skip doing the rear hatch.
I can only speak to my own experience, but I went 15% for the front windows and 40% for the rear. This is what the tint shop recommended to have the front and rears look uniform.

Here's a link to their Instagram account as to what that looks like: Login • Instagram

Any pics for how uniform it looks? @wynnek

I ask because your rears are pretty different from @JLOC

Any issues with 15% visibility wise? I’m used to the 20s in my current car. Did they also tint the small windows in the rear to match or were they already dark enough?

Last edited:

Any issues with 15% visibility wise? I’m used to the 20s in my current car. Did they also tint the small windows in the rear to match or were they already dark enough?
No issues with visibility with 15%. Also, I am not 100% certain, but I am pretty sure they tinted the small windows to 40% as well.

Reactions: s14roller

It may look dark from the outside, however, the visibility from the inside is more than adequate.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 7,239
Reactions: MikeR99
15% all around except windshield (no tint). The white interior does lighten up the tint a bit. Looks and works great in the day time but does make it a bit harder to see especially with the auto dimming mirrors at night when the street isn’t well lit.

Attachments

• E25C4F75-DE8F-4723-A160-931ED94C6146.jpeg
    E25C4F75-DE8F-4723-A160-931ED94C6146.jpeg
    776.9 KB · Views: 560