Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting the window on your Model 3

hua96

Nov 28, 2020
Toronto
At night with the dimming side mirrors, can you make out other cars? On an un-tinted window I feel the dim is pretty aggressive already, I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to see much (although the AP cameras can, I guess).
I got 30% Solar Guard Vortex all around. I personally feel the auto tinting side mirrors and rear mirror make it a bit too dark. It's be hard to see a pedestrian in the rear/side mirrors. I usually take an extra second to look when I'm turning. I can make out cars with a tiny bit of effort but if their lights are not on it's not easy. Really wishing there's an update so you can adjust the auto-dim.

Reactions: ayyitsjames

mikeyymike

Apr 12, 2021
Long Beach
I just paid $450 for 35% on sides/proper one piece back window.
View attachment 654961
Hey bro, I just got my Tesla M3 and scheduled an appointment next Sat for tinting. I was thinking 35% all around as well including top. Question, did you tint your back and top window 35% as well? If you did how much darker did it get? Curious to see what did you do for those and how you feel about it?

iammatt

Mar 23, 2021
California
Hey bro, I just got my Tesla M3 and scheduled an appointment next Sat for tinting. I was thinking 35% all around as well including top. Question, did you tint your back and top window 35% as well? If you did how much darker did it get? Curious to see what did you do for those and how you feel about it?
I had the whole back window tinted with one sheet. I didn't touch the top. The back window looks great, it gets darker as the gradient increases but still easy to see through during the day.

KewlCryptic

Feb 23, 2021
Sacramento
Autobahn ceramic i3
5% rear sides and back window
33% front sides

70% windshield air ceramic
263F5211-34EF-46B9-83D0-6408030C7ADA.jpeg
99E74569-674E-4BC4-8177-D6AFA4135198.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC