Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting Windows - Los Angeles Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Model X wrapped and tinted at Extreme Autowerks in Brea. I had it fully wrapped in Prestige ClearGuard Nano PPF and I had the windows tinted with Prestige Spectra PhotoSync (75 on every window except front drivers/passenger windows, 45). These guys are the best, no question. Ask for Bing. He’s awesome. He was so helpful and helped walked me through the entire process. You can’t go wrong by going here.
Extreme Autowerks 600 Lunar Ave, Suite B BREA, CALIFORNIA 92821 Phone: (562) 551-8070 Email: [email protected]

Hi. You mind posting a few pics of your car? Would like to see 70%. Can’t decide the 70 or 50. Thanks!

Here is a cell phone shot I took while washing the car. Hope it helps, it is hard to see the tint at 70

20181027_143851.jpg

I was told to check out Rodz by another Tesla owner here. Boy, was I glad I listened! Rodz really knows Tesla tinting.

My experience with them has been pleasant from beginning to end.

Getting quotes and scheduling was a breeze via Yelp Messages. Sarai (front office) was very quick to answer all my questions and very user-friendly. As a woman, I appreciated that the business was diverse and had a wonderful young lady run the front office. She was very customer service oriented and I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

When I got to the shop, I met with Kelly who provided in-depth answers to a bunch of my questions as to UV rejection, IR rejection visible light absorption, etc. He helped me customize what products I wanted and needed to fit my priorities. Ultimately I prioritized clarity on the front windshield, sunroof (Llumar Air 80) and rear windshields (Llumar CTX 15); solid UV+IR rejection PLUS privacy on the rear doors (Llumar CTX 15); and max UV+IR rejection PLUS visibility for front doors (3M Crystalline 60).

I waited and watched as they worked on my car - yes I got to watch them work on my new Model 3 - and saw how much care they took to prepare the glass surfaces (super important!), measure, cut, and perfectly tailor the film to my windows. I watched the entire process and the whole team (Jessie, Kelly, and Daniel) were not squeamish about me watching, and would even give me updates and peeks at my car from time to time. I get that most people wouldn't sit and watch their car windows being tinted, but I drove a bit to get my Tesla tinted here and I wanted to see! (Side note, if you plan things out and schedule far enough in advance, they have a loaner while your car is being worked on, but since I came from kinda far, I just wanted it done.)

All in all, I can't say enough about how well this team knew their stuff, how careful and thorough they were in their work, how friendly and informative they were throughout the whole process. I immediately felt a HUGE difference in the heat reduction when I drove after it was all done. They have a lifetime warranty on the products and a warranty for their labor.

This is for those with unrealistic perfectionistic expectations: drop it. Reality is, they are not working in a sterile vacuum chamber, so you can't possibly expect ABSOLUTELY ZERO particles to get trapped between the film and glass, but they did a superb job ... almost perfect. And they didn't mess anything up on my 3 wk old Model 3.

I got a chip in the front windshield the day before and they connected me with a glass repair that came and fixed it WHILE I was at the tint shop. One stop shopping! Talk about 5-star customer service. I'm planning to get the CeramicPro protective coating done by Rodz soon.

Oh, and their coffee tasted good, too.

If you go to Rodz, tell them the lawyer lady sent you ;)

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that they have a way to ensure that NO liquid drips down the inside of the glass into the battery or computers below. They trapped all of the liquid off the glass to make sure there wasn't excess adhesive liquid dripping anywhere. They empty out the trunk for better access to the rear glass and completely cover all the inner upholstery, screen, and wheel before they start anything.

There have been some crazy stories of people going to tinting shops unfamiliar with Tesla and things go horribly wrong with the car because things get fried.

I was so happy with the tinting that I went back for ceramic coating and paint protection, too. About to pick up my Tesla Model 3 in 2 days! Super excited to see how shiny it will be! :)

Last edited:
Is Crystaline the best tint? what are the prices for a full tint excluding the windshield? open to any recommendations.
On my 3LR I am gonna do 3M Ceramic for the whole car (all 4 door windows + back glass(1 piece) + sunroof glass) and 3M Crystaline for the windshield, I'm taking the car in today, got quoted $1250 out the door. I have the same setup on my Jeep JL and It has made a huge difference when it comes to heat coming into the car. Car still gets hot but not as bad as before and it cools much faster when running the AC.

Picking up my Model 3 LR (hopefully no major problems) on Saturday.

Any recommendations for best tint shops closer to South Bay Area of LA? (I live in Rancho PV).

I don't mind a long drive if the price and quality are better.

A couple other questions since it's been a long time since I've looked into Tints:

1. How long does it typically take for full tint (roof, windshield, rear, sides)
2. Is Spectra Photosync still the best?
3. If so, which is the best shop that can install it? I know their dealer network is restricted.

Thanks in advance.

Finally got mine tinted in Irvine at TeslaTints.com

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER

-Suntek Evolve (one if the worlds best) on every window
-I cannot feel the heat anymore :) the most comfortable drive ever
-The work is excellent
-On all the doors, they did this thing where the tint goes to the top edge of the glass on the doors without any gap along the top edge, because if this it looks natural tinted
-They did a heat test, uv test, light test

Will post pictures.