Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tiny Bump in Hood (PFF/Fixable?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an experience with this?

I'm not sure what the term for this is called. While showing the car off to a friend. We both saw this on the hood!

It looks like at tiny bump that is coming from underneath the hood and poking out. So obviously not due to something happening after driving off with the car. Clearly manufacturing issue.

[1]
I was planning to get xpel PFF installed and was wondering if anyone knows if putting it on would magnify the bump. It's not extremely noticeable now. But with PFF would it just stick out like a sore thumb? It's like applying a screen protector on a phone over a spec of dust. Normally the dust wouldn't be that obvious, but with the screen protector. Wham!

[2]
Ideally, I'd rather have it fixed then apply the PFF. Has anyone had any experience with getting Tesla to fix this? Is this something that they'd dismiss as being "within spec" and deny repair on?

Honestly, if it wasn't in such a noticeable spot. I'd think of accepting this. But it's almost something I'd want to return the car over if they refuse to repair it. 2 days left before return period closes. I did submit a service request, but obviously, they can't get to me till 2 weeks later.

Attachments

• IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3449.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 75