Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tiny trailer options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at all options right now. Currently just having a tent seems the easiest but maybe a tiny trailer that would fit me and the dog would be cool because I could mod it to have like a small cooking area on the back or something, like tool storage cabinets, I dono just spitballing. Also with a trailer I wouldn't have to ask every RV park if tents were ok to pitch in a trailer site because I'd have a trailer.

I know trailers do a lot of damage to the range from all the drag. So I wanna know if anyone has any experience with really small ones or any recommendations of ones that may work good. To keep my range as high as possible so small and light being the key here.

Obviously I don't wanna go and spend like $15k on a trailer, hell I could just as easily build something cheaper but I need inspiration for a model if I was to go that route.

That is interesting but it's hard to relate since it's a 3 vs an S
One day I'm gonna use a front end wrecked S for a micro-rv. Put a trailer tounge on it, eventually have a full battery pack. It would be cool to have an aero skirt between my S and the tagalong S.
I've seen one with a mustang they did that it was like an 08 and the trailer was painted the same color as the car so it made you look twice, super funny.

So I've been looking at like a million different brands and models of trailers and it looks like I'm gonna go with a Bushwhacker 10HD. It's small, cheap, and has a lot of upgrade potential while still having more features that other trailers twice it's price. There does seem to be a lot of fit and finish problems with all the reviews and videos but they seem to be minor and easily fixable mostly cosmetic. Plus I like fiddling with stuff.

I got the ecohitch trailer hitch ordered from torklift so hopefully it will be here this week and I can get it installed over a couple of days. Trailer light wiring harness came today so I'll probably install that tomorrow just because I like to install things.

1658205876044.png