Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Tip] How to access your custom Slacker stations on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded my Slacker account to Plus last night specifically to be able to listen to the custom stations that I spent a lot of time getting dialed in, and was mortified upon logging in to the account from the car to learn that the car doesn't see the custom stations, and there's no officially supported way to get them to display. Turns out this has been annoying people since the 8.0 upgrade on the S & X:

Slacker Custom Stations | Tesla
"Favorites" station for streaming in 8.1 release ? | Tesla
Slacker "My Stations"/Custom Stations gone with 8.0 | Tesla
Where are my Slacker custom stations?

in one thread, someone said he was able to add the custom stations via the Slacker for Android app, but the latest version doesn't support that on my tablet, which is my only Android device (and it's not rooted). I referenced the date of the post against the version history Slacker Radio Version History (com.slacker.radio) - APK4Fun and then started grabbing APK files from around that time, then downloaded BlueStacks at Bluestacks - The Best Android Emulator on PC as Rated by You - Join 200+ million users on the largest, FREE Android Gaming Platform on PC and Mac. Play Clash, Vainglory, Seven Knights + more. , installed it, and then installed the first version by double-clicking the APK file (works on Mac, dunno how the process on Windows). Had to uninstall and try a few, but struck gold with 7.12.5, downloaded from Free Download APK File of the Slacker Radio v7.12.5 for Android - APK4Fun.

Once up and running, play your station of choice, and click the 3 dots just left of center in the screen
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 5.21.44 PM.png

then click "add to my music"
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 5.21.48 PM.png

and then go reboot the MCU in your car, or log out and log back in. Both worked for me.

IMG_0430.JPG

I go to that link and it offers all sorts of stuff that I don't want (Maccleaner!!!) and I can't figure out which link to click to get APK 7.12.5????? (I think I've managed to delete all the other stuff I got when trying to find the right link!!)

Could you specify exactly where to get this? Thanks!!! I've DESPERATELY wanted to get my custom stations!!!!

I go to that link and it offers all sorts of stuff that I don't want (Maccleaner!!!) and I can't figure out which link to click to get APK 7.12.5????? (I think I've managed to delete all the other stuff I got when trying to find the right link!!)

Could you specify exactly where to get this? Thanks!!! I've DESPERATELY wanted to get my custom stations!!!!

For the love of god, man, adblockers are your friend! That said lemme see if I've got the APK stored somewhere.

Reactions: frank-datank
Thanks....now I just have to figure out what to do with an APK on my Mac....since Blue Stacks Mac version no longer is available for an indeterminate time, while they "work on it"

It looks like there is another mac player available at bignox.com
Anybody know if this is a safe thing to use? they pretty much say they will use your info however they choose....

Last edited: