Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tip: Model S Refresh has Regen/Power display (similar to the Model 3/Y regen/power dotted line display)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice this? I just discovered today that on the driver side display, the bottom of screen actually displays a line that as you step on the gas pedal, it proportionally extends a gray bar to the right, and as you engage regen brake, it extends a green bar to the left.

It is similar to the Model 3/Y's regen dots display, except 1) it's to the bottom of the display of the vehicle. 2) unlike in Model 3/Y, I am unable to find the dots that shows how much power/regen is available - perhaps it's just my eyes, but the non-optional dark display makes it hard to discern.

This is of great interest to ppl like me who cares about efficiency. For example, I noticed even as I keep the speed constant, it will show regen as I go over a slight, almost unnoticeable downhill. And empirically speaking, it seems the "most efficient" speed (basically the speed that minimizes the right gray bar) - and don't quote me - is b/w 30 mph to 40 mph. Lastly, it also confirms my suspicion that chill mode doesn't really gain any additional efficiency for you - you can achieve the same efficiency in Insane mode if moderate the gas pedal effectively.

I consider myself a power user as I scour the internet constantly for Tesla tips - it's so cool that I discovered this myself almost a year after owning the car!

1672969173515.png

I would venture to say that if we do a poll here, significantly less than 50% of the ppl would've noticed that thin line that's only active when regen/power is active.

Guess we all can't be like you. You must be a real pleasure to work with in real life. :cool:
I think you should create the poll. And actually, I am a real pleasure to work with in real life. Perhaps relax a little when fun is poked (in good fun).