Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIP : Reduced charging rate due to cold workaround

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a situation where I needed a full charge by the next morning, but my charge rate was 1/2 normal due to cold. I waited an hour after I came home (hoping the battery would warm up) and it still was only charging at 16 amps- it said it was going to take more than 14 hours to complete which I didn't have.

Since the car is basically a big computer I did the obvious- unplugged and replugged. It immediately went to full 32 amps of charge and now will be done in about 7 hours.

• Informative
Reactions: billh13850
Just had a situation where I needed a full charge by the next morning, but my charge rate was 1/2 normal due to cold. I waited an hour after I came home (hoping the battery would warm up) and it still was only charging at 16 amps- it said it was going to take more than 14 hours to complete which I didn't have.

Since the car is basically a big computer I did the obvious- unplugged and replugged. It immediately went to full 32 amps of charge and now will be done in about 7 hours.
You’ve got a frozen charge port. Happens to me once a week. Without the locking pin working it maxes to 16 amps