Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tip(s) for B-Pillar Trim removal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drewski

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2019
SF Bay Area
I removed the big seat belt bolt at the top, the torx screw at the bottom, the scrivet under the bulkhead carpet trim piece by the rear speaker, and the two "fir tree" things attaching to the bulkhead wall.

the B-Pillar is still stuck in place. somewhere on the top-side. is there another fir-tree fastener type thing under there attaching to the bulkhead top?

and it didn't look like i need to remove the speaker to remove the whole trim piece. is that right? or is under there where it's being held in?

Last edited:
Yep, bolt under speaker.
IMG_20200412_150704.jpg

If you don't have a short #2 Philips, you gotta go ghetto like me.
IMG_20200412_150118.jpg
IMG_20200412_150819.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
the scrivet under the bulkhead carpet trim piece by the rear speaker

Hey Drew,

What are you referring to here? I see the Torx on the bottom, seat belt bolt, and have already removed the one under the speaker. I assume you just pry the "fir trees" out (are those going into the fire wall or into the side of the car?). Call me if it would be easier to explain.

Thanks,

Henry

Hey Drew,

What are you referring to here? I see the Torx on the bottom, seat belt bolt, and have already removed the one under the speaker. I assume you just pry the "fir trees" out (are those going into the fire wall or into the side of the car?). Call me if it would be easier to explain.

Thanks,

Henry
i sent you a pdf of the Tesla service procedure, but this is the scrivet i was referring to. you need to remove the plastic trim along the back end of the bulkhead to get to it.

upload_2020-10-16_18-40-8.png