Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips and advice for the soon to arrive configuration and ordering of my X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks....

I came across this book
http://evannex.com/products/owning-model-s-by-nick-howe-book-pre-orders
and thought about asking the Club what they have learned and what they will pass down to us soon to be new Tesla owners.
What is your Delivery day checklist?
What are your thoughts 21 inch vs 19 inch wheels?
How about novice mistakes for regular driving? I drive much differently in my Fusion hybrid than I do in an non-hybrid ICE car.

Tips, tricks and lessons learned are VERY much appreciated. After all, we should see orders being configured any day now :cool:

Thanks!

With a 7004 reservation number, you have the benefit of seeing what is out there and what people are saying before you have to place/finalize your order. My reservation number is 2xx, so there may not be much pre-order time. It all depends on how quickly they ramp up, and the number of Signature Xs there are.

I have the book. It's good. However it is outdated as it came out before the dual motor and autopilot cars, and all the options have since changed quite a bit. But still a good read to give you an overview of the history and the 2012-2014 car.

from other threads here and on Tesla.com forums, I have tentatively decided to get the 19 inch wheels for my region of the country (Midwest) and winter driving package and all season tires, will skip the autonomous driving stuff (can always pay the extra $500 to add it later if I decide it is worthwhile over the standard assistance). It sounds like the 21 inch tires don't allow much space for the accumulation of snow around the tires in the wheel wells, and that the wheel wells themselves are flimsy and the snow can cause the body panels to buckle if it builds up too much. This is probably not a big problem in Virginia though!
So envious of your low #, I'm 8000 cars behind you!