Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips and Best Practices for buying from Dealers or Manheim Auctions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. We know working with Tesla (on any product) can be a nightmare in trying to tease out information from them. Dealers willing to pony up the money to provide the best service for their clients are the dealers you'd want to work with. It would be great if there were some kind of directory of dealers that have access to this information, but good luck with that, lol.

2. Yeah, there is no overlap. The 'solar' and 'powerwall' teams don't even overlap...
Yeah man... A shame... Lost the car I wanted too... 😅

• Disagree
Reactions: TwistedGray
For those curious what Plaids are being bid at on Manheim...they're not. This one had no bids on it, and the P100DL that came afterwards couldn't get a $60k bid.

Plaid.jpg

Reactions: Fragger
Also, many of the cars at auction could have been listed as salvage or written off as a total loss. If that's the case, good luck with Tesla on parts, service and supercharging.
manheim is typically clean title vehicles.

Salvage vehicles have no issue with parts or service or supercharging, all supported by tesla.

May want to educate yourself before saying things that aren’t based in reality.

I picked up my 2017 S100D from a no reserve Manheim auction in Newburg, NY for well under MMR.
I've bought from auction before, so at this point, I know what to expect.
Vehicle needed full reconditioning, including wheels, tires and about $1500 in repairs.
The next accurate condition report I see will be the first...

As far as selling, it's much easier to just sell to a wholesale dealer and let them run the risk at auction.