Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for destination charging at budget hotels in london

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'd welcome any tip-offs from our London friends regarding reasonably priced hotels in London with EV charging on premises or near by. My 70D should arrive in August and the first lengthy road trip we'll be taking involves a 225 mile trip from the Wirral to my brother - in - laws wedding at Saint Johns Gate at the end of October.

I can probably make it fine with a stop off at the Northampton supercharger on the way down and a further top off at Brent Cross before we head back up the M1 afterwards. But if we're going to look for a hotel it would be nice to be able to plug-in whilst we're there. Need I worry with the supercharger network being quite mature in the capital?

Any advice from London tesla owners would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

I would suggest scouting Map of charging points - Find UK locations - Zap-Map live for charge points around the location you wish to stay. London has quite a few EV bays but you may need a Source London or Ecotricity RFID card to use them. After having a quick look myself in the area you mentioned there seems to be a few 3kw charge points, with many showing as offline. If it's not too expensive you could stay near the London Tower Supercharger.