Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for driving from Melbourne to Brisbane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should clarify, this refers to driving up the Hume to Sydney and then up the coast to Brisbane. If you're going for the "straight line" (via Dubbo, etc) it's still possible but you probably do need about 15 minutes of planning :)
Possible isn't a word I'd use to describe that trip. There are no DC chargers between Coonabarabran and Warwick (541km) or Toowoomba (567km). You'd need to detour across Gunnedah to Tamworth, which largely defeats the purpose of going inland (mostly flat plains).

Possible isn't a word I'd use to describe that trip. There are no DC chargers between Coonabarabran and Warwick (541km) or Toowoomba (567km). You'd need to detour across Gunnedah to Tamworth, which largely defeats the purpose of going inland (mostly flat plains).

I disagree. Not every charge needs to be DC. Going the inland route, you could go via Moree and stay the night at one of the two motels there with Tesla destination chargers. Then to Toowoomba, although depending on the conditions (and with an SR) that might require a stop at Goondiwindi for lunch and a top-up. There is an 11 kW Smart Charge unit at the Country Roads Motor Inn and you don’t need to be a guest.

A DCFC is planned for Moree but obviously not built yet.