Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for selling my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Circumstances are changing and I no longer need a car for my commute to work. I love my Tesla but unfortunately I have to sell it. I thought I'd post to Ebay Motors and ev-cpo.com.. am I missing any? Any other general tips for a first time car owner / seller?

Circumstances are changing and I no longer need a car for my commute to work. I love my Tesla but unfortunately I have to sell it. I thought I'd post to Ebay Motors and ev-cpo.com.. am I missing any? Any other general tips for a first time car owner / seller?

Message me the info on your car options/specs and price please. Interested buyer in CT.

Wherever you post, the key is to get the price right. Use current CPO pricing as a guideline as for most buyers that represents a ceiling for how much they would pay.

You can also gain an edge over CPO by purchasing the Extended Warranty or offering that as an option as for some strange reason Tesla refuses to extend the warranty of CPO cars for those who plan to keep their cars longer than 4 years.

That last comment is one of the best ones- it will make your car more marketable or at least mention it to the buyers so they know you can do it for them. This is one of the dumbest policies that Tesla has - but this is an easy work around - everyone selling on their own should consider this or let people know that you can do this for them for an additional cost.