Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for snow driving and keeping AP happy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First decent amount of snow in CO. Managed to pack a good quantity of snow in the wheel-arches but the 50 mile drive was uneventful (RWD, traction control, sensible driving - handle as well as I had hoped it would from comment here).

Stopped car, cleared arches. 6 hours later (losing a little over 1 mile of range per hour at about 10 degrees) I started the return lap. 3 miles in the car announces "Driver Assistance Features Disabled". Not an issue, I'd not be relying on them on these roads. Halfway along round-trip I read comments here and talked to SC. Yes this is a feature, unlikely to be a failure - good.

So. Clean windshield sensor and radar rectangle on the front is the recommendation. Any good products for doing that at around 0 (it was -4 this am, 21 in my garage - but I am thinking mid-journey in bad weather). This am I tried wiping - but no dice. Of course we're still net up to 10 degrees yet - does temp cause issued, or just snow/dirt accumulation? Is there another sensor I should be looking to clean that I've missed?

Any tips (other than leave it at home) would be greatly appreciated. Bit concerned the emergency braking system is presumably also disabled in these situations - and as safety was a major reason for purchase I want to figure out how to keep the MS from getting 'snow blind'.