Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for submitting tickets via the Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Was talking with my Ranger a while ago, and asked him about filling out tickets for Tesla service. Thought I’d share what came up here, and see if anyone else had anything to add. I’ll try to keep this first post updated as people add to this.

- One item at a time, with a line between issues. This lets techs more easily, at a glance see how many things they need to look into. Be as detailed as you can/want, but don’t give a tech a wall of text with multiple issues buried in it. It also saves the techs time when writing up work orders and invoices.

-report anything. Tesla is still building its database of what it needs to watch for. Don’t wait, put in a ticket, or update an open one. The more notice techs have, the more time they have to research possibilities, consult engineers, and make sure they have the parts they need on hand. This is especially true for Mobile Service Rangers.

-if you can, get pictures, movies, sound clips that illustrate the problem you’re having. Once I had my Ranger diagnose what was wrong just by driving up to where he was. The more information techs have, the better able they are to solve issues.

-reference forums/groups/social media posts, but realize not everything there is 100% accurate. Some of the techs I’ve talked to had people scheduling service because they read something online, but had none of the symptoms present in their vehicles. 12v batteries and the ‘half-shaft shimmy’ are examples that came up. People would want them replaced as a ‘preventative measure’, without anything wrong.

Dug this back up to add a new trick:

After a service appointment, owners can shut off service mode themselves without needing a tech to do it.
Hit the Car icon for settings, hit the Wrench icon for service, and at the top of that menu page there will be a new option to deactivate service mode. This option only appears when the car is in service mode.

Reactions: jjgg