Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips?: Pulling trigger on Whispbar bars and Yakima Skybox 16 soon...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I feel like I've read enough threads about bars and cargo boxes, but at some point it all starts to bleed together.

Today or tomorrow I'm planning on ordering a set of Whispbars from Tesla (any cheaper way to do it than ordering from Tesla?.... no store near me, so I'll be paying the shipping) and a Yakima Skybox 16 from REI for $499 (wife can get 10% off cause she's an REI member and we can free ship to store instead of scheduling an Amazon delivery).

So, anything you think I'm forgetting?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

You must really have a lot of stuff, if it won't fit into a model S. Be prepared for a significant hit on your range.
Seems to me, I've read a few posts where people are getting only a 10-15% hit on range. Guess I'll never know until I get one, but I'd be fine with that kind of a hit. As far as amount of stuff is concerned, that seems relative. Don't think I'd need it a ton. Certainly a few times a year. Maybe more. Time will tell.

I ordered mine from a local rack store that was an authorized yakima dealer. They price matched a lower price i found online and it was much cheaper than buying from Tesla. Only took a week to to order and since it was shipped to their store, no extra charges.

I picked up the required smartfoot kit on Amazon ($69).