Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips/Tricks to getting firmware updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I misunderstood, as it seems you were disappointed that you were “still” on the most current software release.

It’s not about load. Pushing an update to 200,000 cars at once sounds like it will make things even better, until that update has an undetected issue that cripples the whole fleet.
Not sure anyone wants them to push a new update to 200,000 cars on the same first day of initial release. But if 50% of the fleet has it and it has been out for a couple weeks then don't you think the other 50% of cars should be able to get it? Even just allow them to manually download it? Also, why do they not have new releases go to the cars that are on back release instead of cars that already have newer releases. To me they should always be trying to get ALL cars on the most current releases. No one car should be a couple months back while other cars are getting release after release. My guess is a lot of customers do not care about new versions and would not immediately install a new release when it becomes available so allowing customers to manually do the download (maybe while on wifi) instead of just pushing the release to customers that may not want it is a better approach. And of course it should be the same for Maps.