Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a nail in one of my rears and shop said they can’t patch, too close to edge.

current suspension: UP coilovers

current tires: stock, continental pro
(They randomly squeal on highways and feel pretty rough). the inside edges are wearing out - would need to be replaced in 6 months anyway.

Current mileage: 24,000

I was thinking Michelin Pilot Sport 4s

Got a nail in one of my rears and shop said they can’t patch, too close to edge.

(They randomly squeal on highways and feel pretty rough). the inside edges are wearing out - would need to be replaced in 6 months anyway.

Many like those but the wear you're getting would trouble me. I'd check alignment unless you purposely put in a bunch of camber and then it's expected

Reactions: Watts_Up
Many like those but the wear you're getting would trouble me. I'd check alignment unless you purposely put in a bunch of camber and then it's expected

running UP coilovers - can’t adjust camber without camber kit, and personally- i don’t mind a little uneven tire wear

my previous BMWs all had significantly more inside wear on tires, on stock suspension

I live in SoCal, so not too worried about rain/traction

Reactions: lUtriaNt

There are many tire threads, here is the last one I noticed: Changed Performance 20" Wheels and Tires to Titan T7 Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and not happy

running UP coilovers - can’t adjust camber without camber kit, and personally- i don’t mind a little uneven tire wear

my previous BMWs all had significantly more inside wear on tires, on stock suspension

I live in SoCal, so not too worried about rain/traction

Agreed, spend tire for grip. My 2002 Ti full of Alpina parts had a bunch of negative camber (not like stretched tires on slammed ricers) - hard on tires, fun on gmr

Firestone may patch them. They are my go to when others wont.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up