Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire and rim question for MYP 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you say the money is worth the smooth ride experience from going to 21 to 19s? I would have to buy a whole new set of wheels and tires. I’m also looking at the MPP coilers as well.
I have a 2022 MYLR and a 2022 MYP (don't ask). The MYLR has stock all-season 19" wheels/tires. The MYP has stock 21" summer tires. The MYP feels road imperfections a bit more but the overall ride is about the same.
To soften the ride in a MY you need to look into coil-over springs from Unplugged Performance or similar OEM. They will run you $4K-$5K to purchase and have them installed. I have not driven a MY with coil-overs so I can't say how much of an improvement it makes but from what I have read, it is noticeable.
That's my 2 scents 💩

Reactions: Charles415
T sport line now offers 18” wheel and tire packages which fit all model Y vehicles. I no longer find the ride of my 2022 MYP to be harsh. I think tires and suspension broke in around 4,500 miles.
That being said, I am highly considering getting 18” wheels so I can put them on if I am going to places where roads are dirt + rock or might be a mix of unsaved and paved. I also don’t feel like wearing down my 21” tires on road tripping. Plus, less likely to pop a tire on a road trip when using 18” or 19”.

Square setup, 20x9.5 Fast Co Rims From WheelWiz in Canada about $1450 a set shipped and really light under 24 lbs. 285/35/20 Michelin Sport A/S From Discount Wheelhouse under$1200 shipped Weight 29lbs so saving 15lbs per corner over 21 inch Uberturbine. Tpms from Topline $245.