Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my model y in august and upgraded my wheels to the induction wheels. Today I slightly grazed a curb and have a little bit of curb rash. Is this covered under any type of new vehicle warranty? Not sure if wheel/tire and rims have any warranty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I purchased my model y in august and upgraded my wheels to the induction wheels. Today I slightly grazed a curb and have a little bit of curb rash. Is this covered under any type of new vehicle warranty? Not sure if wheel/tire and rims have any warranty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tesla does not cover your tires or wheels even though the original tire manufacturer would but you have to go to some other tire shop and not a Tesla shop.

Some tire shops would sell tire/wheel insurance if you want to go that way.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack your post but I'm just curious if your insurance will cover it like comprehensive especially for rims repair.

I've only heard good affordable coverage for tires from local tire shops like Discount Tires and Pepboys... but I am not sure they sell wheel insurance too.

X-care has one for tires and wheels together but I am not sure if you can afford it:

Last edited:
Upvote 0