Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire chain alternatives to tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is some quick info.
I did a whole post/write up about my selection last year if you can find the thread. For now - here are the picts of my purchase.
D897CB0A-C0F7-475D-8454-42760C96CCEC.jpeg
881C61A3-5B62-4F54-B5E0-DACE05563272.jpeg

Reactions: Mulkogi

Here is some quick info.
I did a whole post/write up about my selection last year if you can find the thread. For now - here are the picts of my purchase. View attachment 744532View attachment 744533
I like how the clips are seated on the sidewall instead of the wheel itself.

I'm looking at the Security Chain sizing guide and it looks like they suggest the SZ143 for 255/45/19. How did you decide on the SZ429, and have you gotten any use of it so far?

Here is some quick info.
I did a whole post/write up about my selection last year if you can find the thread. For now - here are the picts of my purchase. View attachment 744532View attachment 744533
Hey man, I just purchased this and got it yesterday. I tried to put this on but it doesn't seem to fit. Is it a tight fit and do you have any tips or tricks to make the installation easy? Thanks for your help

Oh they are snug… as I mentioned in my original posting (need to search & find that long post) but they work… and they are tight. But I also do not want loose chains up inside the wheel wells so I’d prefer to make the instal/removal tough… so I don’t destroy my car w loose chain fitment.

I carry mine for insurance… never needed them yet as AWD vehicles on WA passes do not need to install chains - just carry them for insurance (& my piece of mind.).

If you absolutely need chains for travel and worry about ease of instal/removal - there are many other options for north of $400. They take up lots of space in the cabin & cost too much for my use - so I went simple & waay cheaper.