Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Change in the GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have gone through winter(s) in the GTA, where have you gotten your tires changed? I'm thinking my usual local cash only garage that I take my other car would not be the ideal place for the 3. Where have you had good experiences where the equipment is able to lift a Tesla at the jackpoints and the staff know what they are doing.

Anyone have any experience with any of the Costcos, particularly the Richmond Hill and Markham one?

For those that have gone through winter(s) in the GTA, where have you gotten your tires changed? I'm thinking my usual local cash only garage that I take my other car would not be the ideal place for the 3. Where have you had good experiences where the equipment is able to lift a Tesla at the jackpoints and the staff know what they are doing.

Anyone have any experience with any of the Costcos, particularly the Richmond Hill and Markham one?

The Costcos are not a good option unless you have a lot of time to kill. You have to line up at 6-7am and if you are lucky you will get a time slot for that same evening. I just don't get how in this day and age they can't schedule appointments like anyone else

Reactions: akidesir
In my previous cars, I've always had separate rims for my winter tires. If you don't want to do it yourself or don't have the equipment, there are mobile services that will come to your home to do the changeover. I have found this to be super convenient. Of course, you do need to store your rims/tires at home.

FYI - I got this reply from Tesla Lawrence while inquiring about winter tires and wheels:

We are referring people this year to a new service provider for seasonal tire swaps. Go tire. They will do tire swaps on site at the location of your choosing. They can be reached at 1-866-632-0477, or New Tesla Lead Page | GoTire.​

I'm considering keeping wheels and just changing tires and they quoted $140+tax and includes balancing.

Although this is a mobile service, they also provide tire storage for a fee.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
I'm considering keeping wheels and just changing tires and they quoted $140+tax and includes balancing.

That's actually not too bad. I usually pay about $50 for changeover with tires on rims already. An additional $90 for mounting and balancing all 4 tires/wheels at your home is pretty good. Alternatively, you could buy some cheap winter steelies and save yourself ~$90 per change.

Will the winter steels work with the weight?

Why wouldn't they work? Worst case they may cause a tiny bit more range loss, but after 4 years with steel rims on an EV I've never had an issue.

Only thing is I'm not sure about finding ones that have the clearances due the model 3. I've usually bought mine at Costco, and they don't have compatible ones listed right now.