Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire change over to winter in Toronto area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello,

We are looking to order in some tires and rims and are wondering what garages may be able to swap the winter wheels onto the model 3. Does anybody have experience with this or know if Costco or candian tire could do it? Thanks

I would either have Tesla do it or do yourself if you are buying the tires and rims online. There are special jacking pucks to lift the cars. Too many 3rd party shops have the guy that claims he knows how to do it but high cost of battery damage makes it too risky in my opinion. Tesla's are a rare bird for them. Even when I had a tire leak I took the tire/rim off and took it too them so they were no where near my car.

You can buy the jack, pucks and wheel/tire set online. I did this last year myself. There are many video's on youtube. I am assuming you are buying a winter tire rim package.

Here is one video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tz00
I have a Model S I bought the Rims here on TMC, Can find many 19's Slipstreams or Split 5 spoke for under $1000 USD. Got mine for $450 (Rims only) in Michigan (a Days drive back and forth to get them) Got the TPMS from Amazon, and got the Tires at Canadian Tire in Cambridge. You just give them the heads up about the mounting points and you are good to go. Many cars have specific mounting points on the Frame of the car so Teslas are not special in this regard.

$100, Holy! I have been using an autoshop in Markham for $30 or $35.

Yeah, but then Go Tire will come to you as they are a mobile service. If you have a shop close to you or can go someplace you trust go ahead. The convenience of not having to drag wheels around to get the job done is better for me. Of course, there will be someone who has the equipment (jack, long-arm torque wrench, etc) to get most things done shy of balancing.

Yeah, but then Go Tire will come to you as they are a mobile service. If you have a shop close to you or can go someplace you trust go ahead. The convenience of not having to drag wheels around to get the job done is better for me.
Totally! Plus my time has value - having them come to my house means I spend about 5 minutes of my time on tire changeover.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Tesla in Vancouver won't even do Tire Swaps anymore. Here is what they messaged back after I made my online appointment:

Hello, apologies for the inconvenience but due to the increase of appointments at our Service Center, we do not perform seasonal wheel swaps or storing. We work with a third party company, Hermont Group that provides this service. You can can contact them at [email protected] or 604-475-0455 and they will book you in accordingly, in the mean time I will cancel your appointment, thank you for your patience!

The Hermont Group is a mobile service as well charging $120 a swap!! I guess I could go to Costco but I'd rather Telsa do it.

+1 for Kal Tire (I do mine at the one on Kipling in Etobicoke). Old manager there was awesome but he left for the Vaughan location.

I store my tires, wifey's tires and my father's tires at the same location and their service has been great. My only issue with them has been:

1. They can't seem to program wifey's TPMS on her RX properly; and

2. When I wanted to 3 season tires, they said it would be about a 3 week wait to get the tires I wanted (Yokohama Avid Ascend GT) and tires23 was able to get them the next day at the lowest price. :(