Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire change over to winter in Toronto area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you do your wheel swap, how much room do the wheels that were taken off take in the car?

I’m having mine done on October 12. I had planned to have two passengers on the trip, but I have just realized that the wheels may take all of the trunk and all off two folded-down back seats.

When you do your wheel swap, how much room do the wheels that were taken off take in the car?

I’m having mine done on October 12. I had planned to have two passengers on the trip, but I have just realized that the wheels may take all of the trunk and all off two folded-down back seats.
I'm curious too, I'm having mine done this coming weekend and I am almost in the same situation, only one passenger. Did they fit?

I'm curious too, I'm having mine done this coming weekend and I am almost in the same situation, only one passenger. Did they fit?
When I did mine last winter I recall that you might be able to have one passenger at a squeeze, but I don't think two would be possible. Even one passenger would be pretty tough due to the low height of the trunk roof.

I brought back my 4 winters with a baby seat and the wheels takes the trunk plus the 2 seats.
You can only fit one passenger.

Reactions: GooseSerbus
Any experience with Kal tire in Mississauga in Stanfield? I’m in South Mississauga so they would be convenient. And how much should I expect to pay for a wheel swap there vs Tesla, etc?

I've been going to them since 2013 for my Tesla MS but it used to be free so I put up with inconvenience of going there. Now I'm not sure I want to wait the hour it takes each time they do a changeover on rims when I'm paying. Looking for recommendations for a mobile service if those on here do not think Go Tire is good.

Will costco install tires and rims that i have not bought from them?
OR do you know of any installer that has worked with TESLAs and mount and install tires and rim for me.
Not anymore. Since earlier this year, Costco would only install tires that were purchased from them. Many in this thread recommended KalTire. I have an appointment with Tire23 in Mississauga, it's $100 for installing tires.