Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Co-Op in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
New Subject, Spare 19" Wheel and Tire

Does anyone have spare 19" standard wheels and tires that they are trying to sell?

Anyone planning on buying other 19's, 21's or after market wheels and are going to have original 19's?

There a thread on TM forum that is a nightmare where a owner had to replace a tire (21") I think.
He needed it "like now" and a tire dealer gave him a good price, but was going to take at least a week to get
it to him. Tesla could have it the next day, but it cost him more and shipping put the price some where north of $800 (for one).

If anyone has or is going to have extra 19's, I would like to buy one Wheel and mounted tire, to have as my own spare sitting in my garage, in case it was needed (by me, of course).

So are there any extras out there? Anyone else want one of a set of four in case that's what's available?

I am going to talk to Barry and Luke too, in case they know of any.

New Subject, Spare 19" Wheel and Tire

Does anyone have spare 19" standard wheels and tires that they are trying to sell?

Anyone planning on buying other 19's, 21's or after market wheels and are going to have original 19's?

There a thread on TM forum that is a nightmare where a owner had to replace a tire (21") I think.
He needed it "like now" and a tire dealer gave him a good price, but was going to take at least a week to get
it to him. Tesla could have it the next day, but it cost him more and shipping put the price some where north of $800 (for one).

If anyone has or is going to have extra 19's, I would like to buy one Wheel and mounted tire, to have as my own spare sitting in my garage, in case it was needed (by me, of course).

So are there any extras out there? Anyone else want one of a set of four in case that's what's available?

I am going to talk to Barry and Luke too, in case they know of any.

Having gotten 3 screws/nails in my tires already I can see the value of having a spare tire around. That or at least a tire repair kit. I would hate to lose use of the car for days/weeks just waiting for a wheel to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
another gem from the investors forum :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Having gotten 3 screws/nails in my tires already I can see the value of having a spare tire around. That or at least a tire repair kit. I would hate to lose use of the car for days/weeks just waiting for a wheel to arrive.

my old car had problems with constantly getting nails in the tires. after 8 flat tires I had surveillance cameras put up and found out why. some punk kid from the neighborhood thought it was funny. I have him on camera slashing the sidewall of all 4 tires. to bad the video wasn't good enough quality to ID the punk.

in the past I have found it easier to order my tires from tires.com even with shipping costs included they were cheaper than most tire stores here in Hawaii charge. one time they wanted to charge me $450 per tire from a local shop and tires.com cost $150 for the tire and $50 for shipping.

Last edited:
my old car had problems with constantly getting nails in the tires. after 8 flat tires I had surveillance cameras put up and found out why. some punk kid from the neighborhood thought it was funny. I have him on camera slashing the sidewall of all 4 tires. to bad the video wasn't good enough quality to ID the punk.

in the past I have found it easier to order my tires from tires.com even with shipping costs included they were cheaper than most tire stores here in Hawaii charge. one time they wanted to charge me $450 per tire from a local shop and tires.com cost $150 for the tire and $50 for shipping.

It might be cheaper but it'd be nice to have the tire already mounted on a matching wheel so you could just take the old wheel off and put the new one on (of course, you'd still have to figure out what to do about TPMS). Advantages both ways, I suppose.

Idea:

If theres a bunch of folks who want to keep extra tires/wheels as back-up (due to lead times) it doesn't make sense for each to keep his/her own spares. How about everyone chip to buy a couple of spares and agree where to store them? When one person needs one, he/she takes one of the 'shared' tires and orders the replacement which goes back as a new tire into the central storage.

Idea:

If theres a bunch of folks who want to keep extra tires/wheels as back-up (due to lead times) it doesn't make sense for each to keep his/her own spares. How about everyone chip to buy a couple of spares and agree where to store them? When one person needs one, he/she takes one of the 'shared' tires and orders the replacement which goes back as a new tire into the central storage.

Wouldn't that be a function of a service center? Wouldn't it be wise for the service center to have an inventory of wheels and tires?

Wouldn't that be a function of a service center? Wouldn't it be wise for the service center to have an inventory of wheels and tires?

Mainland service centers don't hold stock of wheels and tires, but generally can get hold of them within 24/48hrs. Given the discussion I thought this may be a solution for several of you who seemed to be thinking of your own back-up.

I agree--I think given the significant shipping costs to get replacements quickly, it would be a nice courtesy to Tesla owners in Hawaii if the service center would keep a few on hand that are brought in via slow boat to keep costs down.

These are all very good ideas. I'd be nice if the SC had a couple. I suspect we would pay retail for if we needed it.

If someone wants to pursue the idea of sharing a mounted spare, I would participate. I've got a townhouse and a garage,that could help a couple of you that live in condo's.

I was hoping to help an owner that had traded up to 21's or something and found themselves with a set of 19" mountedthat they no longer wanted. I've seen several sets broken up and sold to different folks on the TM forum. What made it easier,
was that those buyer general lived within driving distance and avoid shipping.

I hope to learn of someone here upgrading and they find the won't get a credit from Tesla and will break the set up.

If someone hears of it here in Hawaii, let me know please.

Last edited:
Finally got hit by a "low tire Pressure" Warning this morning. Yesterday on the way home through the middle st. merge on H1, an ambulance forced me over into the crud on the left side of the road. another 100 feet and a second ambulance did the same. I guess I picked up a nail. Called the SC to have them pick up the car fix the hole and take care of a few other service items.
They gave me a Dolphin Grey P85 for the night.
the nail was barely in the fixable area of the tread. if it had been any closer to the sidewall I would have had to get a new tire.

Concerned about the possibility of not being able to get a spare in a timely manner, I called Jimmy at the Honolulu SC today and discussed this with him. He said that now the SC does carry a limited amount of spares of each wheel/rim type and size. He did note that they do not have spares yet of the newest 19" designs which were recently released as new options by Tesla, however they should have them available in the near future.

Concerned about the possibility of not being able to get a spare in a timely manner, I called Jimmy at the Honolulu SC today and discussed this with him. He said that now the SC does carry a limited amount of spares of each wheel/rim type and size. He did note that they do not have spares yet of the newest 19" designs which were recently released as new options by Tesla, however they should have them available in the near future.
This is GREAT news! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! Thanks for checking!

Spare 19" Wheel and Tire in Hawaii I want ask this question again. Refresh the conversation.

If anyone is considering replacing their 19's, I would be interested in your old 19's.
If necessary, I will take all four and make hold the others until someone needs one.

I want only one, but I hope someone else would be interested in buying into the set of four.
So, does anyone else here on Oahu need a spare 19" standard wheel and tire that they are trying to sell?
Anyone else want one of a set of four in case that's what's available?

I know the SC is stocking wheels and tires now. But having a spare of my owm might keep me on the road over a weekend when the SC stock is not available.

Last edited:
Spare 19" Wheel and Tire in Hawaii I want ask this question again. Refresh the conversation.

If anyone is considering replacing their 19's, I would be interested in your old 19's.
If necessary, I will take all four and make hold the others until someone needs one.

I want only one, but I hope someone else would be interested in buying into the set of four.
So, does anyone else here on Oahu need a spare 19" standard wheel and tire that they are trying to sell?
Anyone else want one of a set of four in case that's what's available?

I know the SC is stocking wheels and tires now. But having a spare of my owm might keep me on the road over a weekend
when the SC stock is not available.

Which 19 inch tires were you thinking about getting? The Goodyears or the Michelins?

Well mine has the Michelin Primacy on it. But I figured anyone replacing the 19" wheels would still have old tires on them, so I would take what comes with the wheels. I intend to use this as a temp wheel/tire so it also did not matter what style the wheel was. But if I need to buy a tire for a spare wheel, I'd buy the same as I have.

Well mine has the Michelin Primacy on it. But I figured anyone replacing the 19" wheels would still have old tires on them, so I would take what comes with the wheels. I intend to use this as a temp wheel/tire so it also did not matter what style the wheel was. But if I need to buy a tire for a spare wheel, I'd buy the same as I have.

When our current tires go on the S, planning on switching to the Michelins as well so that'd be ok with us. So we might be in depending on specifics.

When our current tires go on the S, planning on switching to the Michelins as well so that'd be ok with us. So we might be in depending on specifics.

Thanks, I will remember that you are interested. My specifics are: if I could find a set of 4 19's with tires, that someone on Oahu is interested in selling to get rid of them, I'd buy all 4. Then sit on 3 selling them one at a time for 1/4 of the cost of all four to others that need a spare.