Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire fail!

What should I request

• Free Tesla air compressor to fill up thin tires once a week because I have new wheels/tires coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other swag and free stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
2 months ago, I come out to my car to go the canyons and see tire pressure warnings and see 2 nails in my tires. They were right in the middle and I take it right to Tesla west la. They say they can patch it for $50 each (better than $300 each for new tires so I obviously said yes. Fast forward to Sunday and I have two tire pressure warnings on the same two right tires they patched. Monday comes and I go on vacation and drop my car off at service to get the window fixed while I’m gone so I don’t have to deal with loaners and lyfts. They call me Tuesday and say the patches have failed causing the leaks in two tires and it will be $380 each for two new tires. I immediately said no way and there should be a warranty of some sort because two months is a little ridiculous for a patch to fail. What should I do? Anyone have the same experiences with Tesla patches?

I have never heard of a guarantee on a patch in my life. Ever tire I have ever had repaired the dealer has refused or made a very strong recommendation against it. Mom and Pop shops are usually willing to do it. Even franchise tire shops tend to refuse to repair a tire. I'm surprised Tesla even made the effort for you. I guess they will learn and from now on refuse to patch tires, like most other dealers. They owe you nothing, they tried to do you a favor.

They didn’t know they just said it varies case by case. I just think that I paid $100 for two patches that should work for at least two months. That’s all

If you get the tires through Tesla I would ask for goodwill on the labor.

That would comp you on the patches. Even though those are likely not warrantied.

2 months of zackmilo driving or two months of miss daisy driving? You gotta be honest here. :D

Many tire shops will do repairs for free, even if you didn't buy your tires from them. Mainly because they are cheap and easy to do, and they know that when you need new tires, you'll think of them.

I've used Les Schwab, and I know they have the promo, and I think Discount Tires has the same promotion. Not sure what places you have in LA, but there's got to be similar ones.