Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Fitment 255/35R19 on 19" sport wheels - M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, would anyone be concerned to run 255/35R19 tires on the 19" sport wheels? Besides the diameter being .4" smaller, would the sidewalls be too low and may cause issues? There's a graph of the allowable for 235/40R19 tires alternatives. Green being acceptable:
1642197375066.png

Apologies I am not answering your question directly but I just mounted 255/40 19" winter tires onto my 19" sport wheels (2021 LR) and had zero issues with sensors, error code, range, etc. You were asking about a 35 profile, I think you will be just fine with those as well.
I agree, fitment should be fine. But I think my hesitation is that since the tire's diameter will be smaller by about 0.4", it will take additional revolutions to complete a mile, making the a little slower than what the speedometer says. That would also make the mileage be higher than actual miles driven. There's not away to configure the speedometer based on tire and rim size, is there?

I agree, fitment should be fine. But I think my hesitation is that since the tire's diameter will be smaller by about 0.4", it will take additional revolutions to complete a mile, making the a little slower than what the speedometer says. That would also make the mileage be higher than actual miles driven. There's not away to configure the speedometer based on tire and rim size, is there?

It would make 77 miles show up as 78 miles...are you actually worried about that?

Not necessarily "worried" but don't need odometer to show more miles that actual, but I guess that's the same if you take a new tire with say 10/32 tread and by the time it ges down to 5/32nd, right?

Reactions: Sam1