Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire inflation question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL tires for my Model P85 Model S. So far they are the best handling tires I've put on the car. However, I've read that these should be inflated over 45psi (to around 50psi) due to the weight of the car. These tires have a max inflation of 51psi. I put 50psi in them but it's been so hot lately that when I'm driving the tire pressure sensors are showing around 53psi. Because of this I don't know if I should inflate them to 50psi when they are cold and not worry about the over inflation at high speed or keep them around 47psi.

Any suggestions?

I just purchased Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL tires for my Model P85 Model S. So far they are the best handling tires I've put on the car. However, I've read that these should be inflated over 45psi (to around 50psi) due to the weight of the car. These tires have a max inflation of 51psi. I put 50psi in them but it's been so hot lately that when I'm driving the tire pressure sensors are showing around 53psi. Because of this I don't know if I should inflate them to 50psi when they are cold and not worry about the over inflation at high speed or keep them around 47psi.

Any suggestions?

45-47psi cold is the sweet spot. If you go higher you will have more wear in the middle of your tires, reducing their life.

Reactions: johnyoung1234

Any suggestions?
How are these tires working for you? I am about to get these for my performance s too. How is wh/mile on these tires? Did you see an increase in consumption? I have another question:
Should I order staggered or without staggered tires for my performance model s on 19" tempest wheels? Tire rack has both options available but I can't figure it out which ones to order....

Hey guys, I ended up getting these tires installed in my car a week ago and am noticing very slight noise of rubber hitting the body when I drive slow and I can hear it only when my windows are rolled down. It comes from the front tires alone. It almost seems like those tiny rubber spears that are attached to new tires are hitting the side panel but I am unable to find what is actually causing this. Any help?
I'm certain it's the new tires because this sound wasn't there before.

Hey guys, I ended up getting these tires installed in my car a week ago and am noticing very slight noise of rubber hitting the body when I drive slow and I can hear it only when my windows are rolled down. It comes from the front tires alone. It almost seems like those tiny rubber spears that are attached to new tires are hitting the side panel but I am unable to find what is actually causing this. Any help?
I'm certain it's the new tires because this sound wasn't there before.
which tires....manufacturer