Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire inflator Rec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, I’m a newbie and this is my first post. My Model S is comin in 2-3 weeks - woot!

I got all myself all excited tonight when I found a thread of posts recommending the Craftsman 19v tire inflator which has an auto stop at target PSI, only then to discover I was reading 2014 content. Duh.

So how about a 2020 solution for this Newbie??

Congrats on the impending arrival! This may not be exactly what you're after, but I count the purchase of our Ryobi inflator/deflator as one of my best purchases of all time. Incredibly versatile and reliable. We have an older model like this, but there are other ones (like this) that just inflate. Used it just the other day to top off our Tesla's tires.

I use the older analog Ryobi inflator on my cars. It does a good job and is far more convenient than filling up a compressor tank which is what I used to use before getting the inflator. I also have one of these and a bottle of Slime sealant for emergencies: https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-Portable-Compressor-Digital-Inflator/dp/B01L9WSTEG

For day to day use I would recommend getting a portable one that you don't need to plug into a cigarette lighter outlet. I had an inflator years ago that required me to plug it in and it worked okay, but was a hassle to move around the car to each corner. There are other battery powered inflators aside from the Ryobi in case you are invested in another battery tool platform.

I have the Tesla pump. It came in a great little package complete with an attached container of "leak repair goo". Pump works great but the "goo" started leaking out of its' container! Lucky I noticed it before it leaked into my trunk, as it must be some sort of glue. Good thing it was in a plastic bag!
20200616_112805.jpg

I went with the FORTEM. I like that it plugs into a 12V, the size and so portable. Thanks, Pluturi!
I love my Fortem! Tiny, but effective and reliable. I don't need an autostop--I can stand there for the few seconds it takes to get each tire up to 45 PSI. The cord is long enough to easily go round from the 12v insert in the center console to all 4 tires. Also good is the flashlight if you need to fill up when it's dark out.