Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Ok so I know this is a very open question but as a guide what do you expect I would get from the tires on a Performance, I am in the UK and spend most of my time on the motorway/freeway doing 60/70mph, not doing drag races off the line (well maybe occasionally lol) thanks

Ok so I know this is a very open question but as a guide what do you expect I would get from the tires on a Performance, I am in the UK and spend most of my time on the motorway/freeway doing 60/70mph, not doing drag races off the line (well maybe occasionally lol) thanks

Probably worth getting your alignment measured when you get the vehicle since Tesla doesn’t seem to do it. If they are out of spec you can have Tesla fix it. Will improve your probability of getting good miles out of the tires. ;)

I’m probably going to get about 15k out of the 20” tires. Right now at about 6k.

Reactions: m3gt2
AWD Model 3 -- I've got the 19" tires and have put on 31k miles in 8 months, nearly all highway driving at 70-80mph. Can also start to see the wear bars, but I should be able to make it to 40k miles before I need to replace them. Also have only done 1 tire rotation so far at 18k miles. Dual motors keep the tires wearing almost perfectly evenly which is great since there's less of a need for rotations.

Reactions: golfpilot and m3gt2