Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Noise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same problem with Michelins on my wife's CMAX. Changed to Continentals and the car is vastly quieter. I experience the same issue with my model 3. I've been told Michelin runs a harder rubber compound which makes sense. I wouldn't waste money and time and perhaps negatively affect systems in the car with the sound deadening adventures. If you can't stand the noise switch to ContiProContact and problem likely solved. I've been told Models S and X use Continentals. I probably will. I have 15K miles on my model 3.

I had the same problem with Michelins on my wife's CMAX. Changed to Continentals and the car is vastly quieter. I experience the same issue with my model 3. I've been told Michelin runs a harder rubber compound which makes sense. I wouldn't waste money and time and perhaps negatively affect systems in the car with the sound deadening adventures. If you can't stand the noise switch to ContiProContact and problem likely solved. I've been told Models S and X use Continentals. I probably will. I have 15K miles on my model 3.

This compares the 18” Michelin to the 19” Continentals.

Granted 19” might be louder with any tire but I’m doubtful the 18” Continental will magically surpass the Michelin by adding an inch of rubber.

Also these are ContiSilents.

One trade off that is being made is efficiency vs noise. A harder tire has less rolling resistance but may make more noise.

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy