Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Tire Noise

Hi All...

I am hoping y'all can help me out...I have a 2021 Y with a little under 10K miles. I was in the drive through at Starbucks and noticed a noise when I had my driver side window down, when I started moving...it sounded like tiny pebbles. As soon as I got home, I had a friend take a video, so I can send to Tesla. I am hoping the YouTube video will help with the noise description. Tire Noise the noise is coming from the drivers front and back tire and only the back left passenger tire :oops:

I did reach out to Tesla Service today and this is what I was told..."This is a normal characteristic of the hub caps that come with the vehicle. The noise should go away over time once they “wear-in”. Here is another option if you would like:Model Y Gemini Wheel Cap Kit. These would replace the hub caps completely and change the look of the wheels.

Please feel free to reach out if you should have any other questions/concerns.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do to rectify it?

Many thanks!

That sounds awful. Sorry. I don’t think that is normal. Could be just a loose hub cap? I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the car itself. Just the wheel luckily.
Thank you for reaching out MatildaModelY. I think Tesla's response is bogus personally...I am going to check out YouTube and see if I can figure out how to remove the wheel cover myself... 👩‍🔧

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC