Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure app does not report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sensors in the tires don't have (perpetual) batteries but they get their energy from the wheel spinning (like wrist watches that "wind up" from daily use i.e. arm movements). When the car sits still they have no juice. As you drive a little they get powered up and start transmitting data wirelessly.

The sensors in the tires don't have (perpetual) batteries but they get their energy from the wheel spinning (like wrist watches that "wind up" from daily use i.e. arm movements). When the car sits still they have no juice. As you drive a little they get powered up and start transmitting data wirelessly.
Actually, that not quite true. TPMS sensor do have batteries and generally can last 3-5 years. The sensor do go to sleep when not in motion to conserve battery power. I’ve had several TPMS sensors on my Tesla replaced because the battery level was low.

Actually, that not quite true. TPMS sensor do have batteries and generally can last 3-5 years. The sensor do go to sleep when not in motion to conserve battery power. I’ve had several TPMS sensors on my Tesla replaced because the battery level was low.

I. Did. Not. Know. That. (Obviously).

Thanks for schooling me and thanks for being so polite about it. "Not quite true"... I was dead wrong.

Just downloaded 7.0 ... here are the release notes on the tire pressure app.

View attachment 98149

attachment.php?attachmentid=98149.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the individual tire pressure display? I have a 2014 S85 non-auto pilot hardware. This was one of the things I was looking forward to with 7.0 with no AP.... :(

...not sure when TM switched to a different TPMS system, but older builds don't provide the data for the current implementation of the TPMS display on the instrument panel (...my S85 does not). Glad I have FOBO Plus.

So does your wife's S display individual tire pressures? Without FOBO?

Yes, her June 2015 S70D with full autopilot h/w & s/w does display TPMS when I select the Status app, and, FWIW, the pressures are about 1/2 PSI different than the FOBO readings. Still not going to get rid of the FOBO as it is nice to be able to walk by the car and have it read all 4 tires and let me see the data on my iPhone, plus alert me if pressures are outside of the limits/parameters I choose.