Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure no longer displayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like you may be getting your wish in 2022.24.5. It appears that stale pressures will be reported, along with information on how long ago that reading was taken.

View attachment 844218
Excellent! If the time delay were not included then displaying stale pressures would be misleading because there is a danger of you thinking it's a cold reading when actually it's a warm reading.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Just an update on my case. I took it in to Tesla, fully expecting to pay for a broken Module. Not only was my TPMS light flashing with the tire pressure no longer working, the radio stopped working too.

My car was in the shop 2 days but in the end they said it was Fuse #236 which gives power to the radio and TPMS module. They replaced the fuse and ran firmware. It was great that they didn't charge me anything on my 2016 Model X which is out of warranty.

The last firmware update seemed to cause the issues or at least I didn't have any issues before it. A good outcome as everything is working as usual. Hopefully this helps someone if your TPMS or radio stops working.

Description on my repair:

Performed inspection and verified concern, Removed old tpms module and test wiring. there's reference voltage and power to ground. Wiring shows no issue. Replaced module and performed firmware update. Checked all fuse and found fuse #236 which gives power to radio and also to the tpms module. Replaced fuse and ran firmware. System pass firmware. Performed tpms programing and re-learn. System is working as design at this time.

Reactions: BitJam
Keep in mind the TPMS system in cars is not a replacement for manually checking your tire pressures with a quality air pressure gauge at least once a month. That is how you should be getting accurate cold pressures.
The TPMS is good for checking if you are potentially losing air from running over something on the fly.
Agreed. As the seasons change and weather cools I always make sure to add air and rely on a quality digital pressure gauge. The onboard display just helps me check every now and then if tire pressure is even all around. The TPMS sensors typically report pressure by the time I’ve passed three houses, so about 200 feet.

I miss having the cards that displayed tire pressure. Made it easier to swipe for the info.

Just another update. My fuse has blown again just a few days after them replacing it. I'm not sure what's causing this fuse #236 to keep blowing. Is this easy to replace on your own? Is this fuse under the frunk along with the other fuses? The Tesla shop told me it took them a while to change it as it was difficult to replace. I didn't know if they got mine confused with someone else's? Or maybe they meant the module that they thought was broken. Is Fuse #236 easy to replace on my own?