Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tire pressure very low" - but its not???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ran into this before? For some reason over the past several weeks, 3 of my 4 tires have been showing as low. I took it to Discount tire and they found a nail in one, but nothing wrong with the others. The actual pressure is obviously not very low, or even low, yet Im getting this message. Bad TPMS sensors? But 3 of them at the same time?

tirepressure.jpg

@HX_Guy What does the door jamb say the correct tire pressure is for your car? Probably ~45 PSI. So 10 PSI, or 22% low, does seem very low to me. (I think the low warning kicks in around ~37 PSI.)

What pressure is the fourth tire that is reporting being low?

They are all at the same tire pressure. They could probably use some more air, but I still find it super odd that this would be considered very low. Ive actually seen the rear driver side at 32 PSI and it did not say very low, just low. The very low just started yesterday.

They are all at the same tire pressure. They could probably use some more air, but I still find it super odd that this would be considered very low. Ive actually seen the rear driver side at 32 PSI and it did not say very low, just low. The very low just started yesterday.

Did you install a new update since you have seen it just low at 32 PSI? Maybe they have updated the warning set-points.

What percentage low would you consider very low?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Sorry, but I’m confused. Is the pressure reading correct at 34, 35, and 36 psi? If not, then you have a legitimate beef. But, if the the pressures are correct, I don’t understand what you are complaining about. It seems to me that tires that are 10 psi below the recommended pressure are a problem that should be addressed immediately. The car weighs almost 5,000 pounds. As the pressure drops, the stress on the sidewalls will increase dramatically. Driving at highway speed for any length of time could lead to catastrophic failure. Feel free to ignore the issue if you like, but I would heed the warning and suggest you get this addressed as soon as possible.