TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tire pressure warning AND now covers up autosteer warning on IC

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by JenniferQ, Oct 28, 2015.

1. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

I have a new P90D delivered 10/8/15 and just today on my first longer out-of-town trip received a tire pressure warning for the rear left tire. When I checked the new TPMS monitor in the dash it showed at 38psi and others were all at 39-42psi.

This seems low all-around for the tires that are on there in a sedan (21"). And how do I reset it or does it reset itself? At some point that tire got to 39 along with the other rear tire (still seems low, especially with the heat we’re still having) but it never reset the warning indicator which incidentally is covering up the autosteer “hold the wheel” indicator!

So?

But the longer trip was really fun with autosteer and watching her learn more and more as we drove on different roads farther and farther afield.

2. tstafford

tstafford Member

I'd get the tire pressures up to the recommended level and I would expect then that the warning will go away. I'm not with my car right now but 39 sounds too low.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

You're right -- those pressures are too low. Don't know what they are for your car, but the recommended pressures are on a label affixed the the driver's door. They're probably 44-45 psi.

With this car it's ok (and I think desirable) to set the tire pressures on the high side and maintain them there. I keep mine around 46-47 psi.

4. green1

green1 Active Member

once your tire pressure is corrected the warning will go away, in fact you can watch the tire pressures on the new v7.0 dash app as you fill to see how you're doing.

Don't remember what the recommended pressure is for the 21s, the 19s recommend 45psi

5. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Did you try to reset your IC and/or 17"?

To reset the IC hold the two buttons above the scroll wheels (I think forward and voice commands).
    To reset the 17" display hold the two scroll wheels.

6. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

As others have suggested, just check the sticker on the door for the correct pressure.

I have 19s, but I believe, off the top of my head, that the correct pressure for the 21s is actually only 42 PSI.