Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure when cold recommendation for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have always kept the pressure (when cold) on all four of the 235/45R18 tires of my 2019 M3 dual motor at 42 psi (290 kPa), as recommended in the manual and on the door jam stickers.

This morning I had the tires rotated at a Tesla facility. When I picked up the car the technician said that they had noted that the tires were under-inflated, and that they had subsequently raised the pressure from 42 psi to 45 psi all round.

The outside air temperature today was approximately 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) - we're easing into autumn. Tread depths are currently 5 - 6 mm, indicating acceptable wear and a reasonable amount of service remaining.

I am planning to lower the cold temp readings back to 42 psi, but I wanted to ask for feedback. What reason could the technician have for recommending the higher pressure?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Murray
We have a model 3, 2020, and am constantly discussing tire pressure. Would a higher PSI make the ride more comfy? As that is a main issue with us--that our car feels ALL the bumps.