TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tire pressure

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mackgoo, Mar 3, 2018.

1. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

The recent update claims you can now view tire pressure. Do you need a specific hardware version for this? My car is mid 2014 I have not been able to find the tire pressure displayed anywhere.

2. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

The updated actually added the ability for the display to show tire pressure in metric and BAR scales. It depends when your car was manufactured, but I have heard that cars built before around 10/2014 lack the hardware to display individual tire pressure readings from the TPMS. Tesla may be able to retrofit the new sensors to add the capability.

• Funny x 1
  3. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

I cant find it. The update said it was there.

4. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

I've always been able to view tire pressures. It may be a function of the year/version of the car and sensors.

5. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Active Member

If you have the original TPMS (Chinese supplier, not a 1st tier brand, IIRC), you won't receive individual tire information. If you have the new/current Continental TPMS (from VIN P50900 and beyond), you can now see the pressure in PSI and Bar.

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

Bar is metric.

• Like x 1
  7. KidDoc

KidDoc Supporting Member

March 2014 and got the new update today- cannot find it displayed anywhere I think it is only for newer cars.