Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely only adding to your confusion... In 2014 the answer was 42 on a loaner P85D with 21 Staggered but the display read 44 when cold.

IMG_4166.JPG

Reactions: davidc18
I have 21" staggered in the summer and 20" in the winter. I put in 45 PSI on both sets (front and back). My rationale is the summers have a very short sidewall and I want to give the tires a fighting chance when I hit an unintentional pot hole. In the winter, the weather in Canada can get pretty cold (-10C) so the increased pressure doesn't hurt. I am still well below the maximum cold temp pressure and I have not noticed any accelerated tread wear as a result.

I have the 21's staggered on my MS 2016/2017
What is the recommended pressure in the front and back. So many conflicting answers.
Tesla says 41 all the way around.
I would go with Tesla's recommendation, and remember the firmer the tire the less rolling resistance, so better milage. I always keep my tires at the recommended pressure or a pound or two more, unless your in very hot weather.

on the door jamb in my 2015 P85D it says 50psi but the service center always leaves the tires at 42psi when I have been in for service. I keep forgetting to ask them but will try to remember when I change my tires in a few weeks.
Whenever your car is serviced (regardless of the reason), always check the tire pressure the next morning. For one thing, the tires are likely to be warm when they are serviced, which leads to poor pressures--regardless of what they set it at during the service. Tire pressure should always be adjusted before driving, first thing in the morning. So it really doesn't matter what they set it to, because you're going to change it the next morning anyway.

there will be variations on the TP based on the climate, in cooler climates you will lose a few pounds of TPI. when the tire get warmed up the TP will increase. the numbers in your cars doors stickers is a baseline.
Correct. Which is why you check your pressures in the morning, and adjust them from the vehicle placard pressure to suit your conditions.