Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Puncture / Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went to look at some new construction houses yesterday and this morning woke up with a flat tire. Must've picked something up from one of the worksites. Googled and search this site for solutions and didn't really see the easiest solution talked about, Tesla Mobile Service.

Requested through the Tesla app via the Roadside service menu. Received immediate text asking whether it's on factory tires. They said they'd look for someone to come out and about 3 minutes later they gave an estimated quote and time for tire repair versus replacement. I said sounds good. About an hour and half later a Tesla Tire Repair van showed up at my house and tech got to work. He worked for about 30 minutes straight. He took off the tire, unmounted it off the wheel, cut a small hole through the foam, repaired from the inside, replaced the foam, remounted the tire, cleaned the wheel and tire, balanced it, mounted it to the car and tightened the lug nuts with a torque wrench. $75 billed automatically through the card on file and we were good to go. All in all the easiest flat repair ever.

They had some brand new tires in case the flat wasn't safely repairable, they quoted ~$355 for a MYP front Pirelli. (Note Tirerack quotes the front Pirelli at $458)

1644280861589.png

Last edited:
Hard to beat at that price. I would have put some air in it and seen if it was an easy plug fix without taking it off the car myself but nice to have such a convenient and inexpensive alternative!

Hi, for my Tesla Y performance model, the Überturbine Wheels tire pressure goes down by 1psi per day. I sent message to Tesla thru app, the estimated charges are $735. why it is expensive? can some one explain?

Hi, for my Tesla Y performance model, the Überturbine Wheels tire pressure goes down by 1psi per day. I sent message to Tesla thru app, the estimated charges are $735. why it is expensive? can some one explain?

Just get a battery-powered air inflator. Ryobi and others make good handheld ones that are very inexpensive. Add a few pounds when needed. I have one I use frequently.