Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if it is okay to install 19" 235/55 blizzak dmv1 winter tires on my 2015 85D?

I've been on the standard 19" 245/45 all season tires that came with the car originally.

Admittedly I know nothing technical about tires. And after calling Tesla technical support - I was given a "this is my best guess, try the forums" answer.

Thanks for the help

I would not recommend the Blizzak DM-V1. That tire is meant for light trucks/SUVs, the sidewall is much larger than the stock sidewall ratio of 45, and the circumference of the 235/55R19 is over 5% larger than the stock tires, leading to speedometer errors and rubbing in the front wheel wells on turns.

Use the Blizzak LM-32 tire, 245/45R19, which will fit properly.

Does anybody know if it is okay to install 19" 235/55 blizzak dmv1 winter tires on my 2015 85D?

I've been on the standard 19" 245/45 all season tires that came with the car originally.

Admittedly I know nothing technical about tires. And after calling Tesla technical support - I was given a "this is my best guess, try the forums" answer.

Thanks for the help
Did you end up putting these on your car? I'm looking at 245 55 19s and curious if they would fit.

Tried today, stock 19" wheels, 235/55R19 fit great in the back... HIT THE CONTROL ARM at the top in the front. Tires would not be able to rotate. Couldn't buy the set b/c of that unexpected annoyance. Michelin CrossClimate2 tires.

Tried today, stock 19" wheels, 235/55R19 fit great in the back... HIT THE CONTROL ARM at the top in the front. Tires would not be able to rotate. Couldn't buy the set b/c of that unexpected annoyance. Michelin CrossClimate2 tires.
The Crossclimate2s are a monster in snow. They outperform many dedicated winters. On ice though the dedicated winters do better. We have them on my wife's accord and she gets around in the snow very well.