TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tire question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ThatGoogleGuy, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ThatGoogleGuy

ThatGoogleGuy Member

Does anybody know if it is okay to install 19" 235/55 blizzak dmv1 winter tires on my 2015 85D?

I've been on the standard 19" 245/45 all season tires that came with the car originally.

Admittedly I know nothing technical about tires. And after calling Tesla technical support - I was given a "this is my best guess, try the forums" answer.

Thanks for the help

2. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

Check the height of both. Also measure the circumference. The 45 vs 55 is sidewall height, should not affect the car. The computer will figure it out. Ie, changing 19 for 21 wheels.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Looks like it should easily work.

4. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I would not recommend the Blizzak DM-V1. That tire is meant for light trucks/SUVs, the sidewall is much larger than the stock sidewall ratio of 45, and the circumference of the 235/55R19 is over 5% larger than the stock tires, leading to speedometer errors and rubbing in the front wheel wells on turns.

Use the Blizzak LM-32 tire, 245/45R19, which will fit properly.