TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Vendor Tire Rack announces Closeout Pricing on Axis Allies wheels (21"x9')

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires and Suspension - Sponsored' started by [email protected], May 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. doc@tirerack

Available in both in a Machined with Matte Graphite Accents OR a Matte Graphite finish, the 21"x 9" Axis Allies has been marked down for Closeout. To be sure, this model (along with the Axis MS) have been very durable and of the best quality we have seen, but the 21" fitment has not been as popular as other (smaller) wheel sizes for Tesla so we are phasing out these two models .

Feel free to click on each link and then enter your Specific year and model of Model S for accurate fitment and pricing information;

axis_allies_mmga_pdpfull.jpg

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Axis&wheelModel=Allies&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FMatte+Graphite+Acct&tab=wheels&affiliate=JQ8

axis_allies_mgs_pdpfull.jpg
    https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Axis&wheelModel=Allies&wheelFinish=Matte+Graphite+Silver&tab=wheels&affiliate=JQ8

2. abikepeddler

abikepeddler Member

Doc... I have bought 3 sets of wheels and tires in the last month for various cars I own, not all of which are applicable to a year make and model scenario. (Custom, one-off cars) Tire rack's website tendency to not allow me to view the wheel prices without inputting a year make and model is very frustrating. Is there something I'm missing? I usually buy everything from Tire Rack and these last 3 purchases we're all made from your competitors because of this issue. Please advise. I want to see what a set of these clothes out wheels is pricing out at but when I input everything (16' Tesla Model X 75D) it is not giving me a closeout price nor is it saying the item is no longer available. Thanks for your time...

3. doc@tirerack

The 21" version does not have sufficient load capacity to work on the Model X, just the Model S. That is why we don't list the wheel under your vehicle information. Sorry !

4. Danteslsa

Danteslsa Member

hey Doc,
    are you no longer stocking the Axis MS wheels. I wanted to order them and put them in my cart, but when I went to pay it said they were not available anymore... any idea of the status of these.

5. doc@tirerack

We still have some supply in most diameters and finishes, but I'd ask that you call in with the wheel size and finish needed so I can double check

6. Danteslsa

Danteslsa Member

Do I call you directly or just call the 1-800 number direct at tirerack? any idea what the close out prices would be?

7. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Member

I just noticed Tirerack also has some Axis wheels called Model Two that look very similar to the Allies and fit the Model S also. Anyone knows the difference? The Model Two are actually in closeout also for $50 less per wheel than the Allies.

Axis Model Two

8. doc@tirerack

The two models are similar, but Model 2 uses the OE Tesla center cap. Moving forward, the Model 2 (Matte Graphite Silver only) will still be stocked due to this feature.