Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Recommendation - Quietest all season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initial review on the cross climate plus. Is a tad bit noisier but I listen to daily sound music anyways and I can easily drone out the sound of the road so that's not an issue. It's stickier than stock for sure. I live in southern cali so no weather testing was done.. it took me a while to have costco get these in stock. It goes in and out of stock randomly so I would just check everyday if your interested.

21AB0868-56D2-4D76-BC3C-7A916A41E438.jpeg
Great tires !!!!
80EECC36-9CBF-493C-88E2-F0B5B76E53F8.jpeg
EEAAE09D-A491-4DD6-8ED9-81E67A6E219E.jpeg

I got these waiting in my garage for my soon to be delivered P3. I'll update once I mount them and use them for a while. Reviews seem pretty good so fingers crossed.
I have these mounted (235/45 18 on Alutec Monstr wheels) and they are terrific in the dry--quieter than the PS4S stock 20" and, not surprisingly, nicer ride. Not nearly as mushy as typical (Xice) serious snow capable tire, but very highly rated for snow and ice by CR. Can't wait to find out!

Reactions: fuddy
Initial review on the cross climate plus. Is a tad bit noisier but I listen to daily sound music anyways and I can easily drone out the sound of the road so that's not an issue. It's stickier than stock for sure. I live in southern cali so no weather testing was done.. it took me a while to have costco get these in stock. It goes in and out of stock randomly so I would just check everyday if your interested.
Why would you get A/S in San Diego!?

I got these waiting in my garage for my soon to be delivered P3. I'll update once I mount them and use them for a while. Reviews seem pretty good so fingers crossed.
You have the Vredestein Winter, I have the Grand Touring All Season on both my LRAWD 3 and LRAWD Y and absolutely love them. Let me know how the Winter are as I was debating between those and the Continental VikingContact 7.

Reactions: S5S5G6 and fuddy
You have the Vredestein Winter, I have the Grand Touring All Season on both my LRAWD 3 and LRAWD Y and absolutely love them. Let me know how the Winter are as I was debating between those and the Continental VikingContact 7.
I bought a set of VikingContact 7 last winter and I'm very pleased with them. As quiet and efficient as my stock Michelin Primacy was which was very surprising to me.

Back on topic. I have about 300 miles on the Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 and they are very quiet. Steering feels noticeably more responsive than the stock tires. Efficiency wise, it seemed like a 20% hit at first. Now 300 miles later seemed to have gotten better, I'd say roughly 15%. Tough to say for certain as some days I had heat on. I will take the round trip nearby that I've taken hundreds of times with the heat off and see where it is now. It used to be at just under 200Wh/mile.

Stay far far away from the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS for your Model 3!

The Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack
suppose to be one of the quietest out there, since I don’t need the range on my model 3, I will be going to these next year. 80,000 tread wear is also great.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+QuietTrack
How much do these affect your range?
I have 44k miles on the original Continentals (19"s) on my 2019 model 3 and am looking for a good replacement.
I have a 140 mile a day round trip to work and back. We live in SE Indiana.

I have the Vredestein Winter Pro as well and will comment again after some snow; they are great compared to other winters on cold no snow; not rubbery, stick quite well tho not up to PS4S summer level! Very low noise and ride is great tho part of that no doubt due to going from 20" to 18. Seems to have comparable or even better efficiency than the summer set.

Reactions: fuddy
The quietest grand touring A/S tire is supposedly the Pirelli P7 A/S Plus2, and it's available in 235/45/18 and 235/40/19. And that test included the newest Michelin A/S4.

I looked at those, but they are only rated 94V and not XL. The OEM tire specs for the LR Model 3 are 98W XL. I would be willing to go down a notch from the OEM speed rating from "W" to "V", but my understanding is that you should not mess with the weight rating. Am I wrong about that?

How much do these affect your range?
I have 44k miles on the original Continentals (19"s) on my 2019 model 3 and am looking for a good replacement.
I have a 140 mile a day round trip to work and back. We live in SE Indiana.
Don’t have these yet, Due to Covid & Retirement I still have a lot of meat left on my OEM tires, 22,475 miles.