Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Recommendation - Quietest all season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vredstein Quadtrac Pro.
So far we have 1300 miles on them and they have been fantastic. Definite reduction in noise under all conditions. I am amazed by the efficiency of these tires. So far the car is showing an average of 230 whm since installing them, and this is with my wife DD this car and she is agressive with the throttle. With OEM Michelins car was showing an average of 248 whm.

Vredstein Quadtrac Pro.
So far we have 1300 miles on them and they have been fantastic. Definite reduction in noise under all conditions. I am amazed by the efficiency of these tires. So far the car is showing an average of 230 whm since installing them, and this is with my wife DD this car and she is agressive with the throttle. With OEM Michelins car was showing an average of 248 whm.
Based in part on your recommendation, I purchased a set of those yesterday. Thanks.

Reactions: Arthur31
I just put Conti DWS 06 Plus 245/35 r20 on my 2021P. They are quieter and more supple than the OEM Pirellis. Just drove 2400 miles on them in the last month at speed and in weather. Nice all season tire for everyday use.
Would be nice if owners would also comment on the efficiency of their new tires. With 2400 miles on a set you'd think that would be enough to know if the DWS 06 is more or less efficient than the OEM Pirellis.

Would be nice if owners would also comment on the efficiency of their new tires. With 2400 miles on a set you'd think that would be enough to know if the DWS 06 is more or less efficient than the OEM Pirellis.
Assuming you're not being a sarcastic here. I didn't notice a difference in efficiency to be honest. I don't really pay attention to efficiency that much but I gave the feedback on the things I do pay attention to. The OEM Pirellis look horrible on the car and that is not subjective. The DWS was meant to be a compromise and if it really didn't care about efficiency at all I would have gone 265/30 Micheline PS4.

BTW: the post was for "Quietest All Season". Not "efficiency".

Reactions: DwightKSchrute
How does the handling compare to stock 19" tires?
I'd say at least equal too and in some ways better (such as turn-in) overall. I hear that their snow performance is only average but that is not a consideration for me. I'd definitely buy them again.

One thing you will hear from some is that they are heavier and that will affect range. My Wh/m results dispute that and it makes sense if you think about it. Yes, it takes very slightly more energy to accelerate them but it has no affect on steady-state driving and you get most of that energy back in regen or coasting when you eventually slow down. On an ICE it might be a little different since there is no regen and it mostly goes to heat in the brakes...

Reactions: fortunex
Have had our M3 awd for 2 months. I rained here in Oregon, as it used to..a lot, and the Michelin MXM tires..were a surprise. The broke loose on a mild turn at a low speed. Getting Nokian WR G4's in three days.
The Michelins were great on a dry road. We plan on going up into the Cascades, Michelins going into storage.

• Informative
Reactions: hellocar
This thread was bumped at a good time - I'm about ready to switch out my 18" on my LR AWD at 33k miles. I'm in Dallas, so not much need for good snow traction. Now probably leaning towards the Pilot Sport AS 4, but wondering if anyone had any updated info on the Pilot Sport EV? Sounds like they are supposed to be available by now but not seeing any available anywhere. Also, has anyone gone slightly wider for better rim protection? If so any hit on range or other downsides?

Also, has anyone gone slightly wider for better rim protection? If so any hit on range or other downsides?
Because I needed to make a stupid decision that day, I went with the Cross Climate 2's as replacement (really not needed in Southern California). They're good tires, just not the best choice.

In the spec'd size (235/45R18), it offers a little better rim protection, which makes up for the mileage hit I took :rolleyes:

If I had to do again, I would either go with the A/S 4s or the OEM MXMs (or possibly the new PS EV).